Well, I don’t know if this can be excused by blindness, but it looks a good excuse…OK!!!
Since that nasty germ raised its ugly proboscis, we have been ordering our weekly food online. When ordering sliced, cooked meats, the magic number is 3.. This is the magic number that the Spouse always used when he did the weekly shopping.
In other words, 0.3 Kg is the right amount of sliced meat such as ham or fritz or chicken.
So on Thursday when I saw this usually expensive ham on special I entered 3.
What arrived was not 0.3 Kg of sliced ham but 3 very large rolls of ham
This is almost as bad as the infamous fish finger debacle . That’s where we ended up with 3 ginormous cartons of fish fingers by mistake!
3 is obviously NOT my lucky number.
And being perennially unlucky I did not win Lotto last night *sigh*
But wondering what to do with ham and 2 leeks which needed urgent use before their use by date passed … AND as we have mega eggs due to the Spouse’s Costco egg-buying affliction…
I decided there must be a recipe out there for ham and leek frittata.. AND….
So, with a modified recipe created from the ones online…..
Ham and Leek Frittata
- 2 medium red potatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 dash(es) hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 leeks, white and pale-green parts only, thinly sliced crosswise, rinsed well
- 1 cup finely diced baked ham
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup milk
- A couple of dashes of tabasco sauce
- .Preheat oven to 180C (400F) degrees
- Nuke potatoes in small amount of water for 10 mins on high and drain
- Grease casserole dish with butter
- Arrange potatoes in casserole dish
- Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until tender and golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Nuke leeks in a small amount of water for 8 mins on high and drain
- .Whisk eggs, milk, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the hot sauce in a large bowl
- Add rest of ingredients to egg mixture and pour over potato layer
- Bake till risen and firm -about 30 mins